Sunday, January 30, 2011

Last day :(





After six months with my host family, I had to say goodbye to them on December 18. They threw me a great goodbye party on my last night in town. I am so thankful for all that they did for me. I really did feel like I was a remember of their large and hilarious family. Some of my fondest memories are from just sitting down at the dinner table, chatting, and laughing with them for hours on end. I'm so glad I found a second family 6,000 miles away from home. :)
Photo 1: The whole crew on my last night in Santiago. For my final meal in Chile, we ate completos. Completos are essentially hot dogs with avocado, ketchup, mustard, and more mayonnaise than meat. They are very, very Chilean.
Photo 2: Me and my bro, Diego. I miss him!
Photo 3: My attempt at Diego's "blue steel" face. He is just such a rock star sometimes.
Photo 4: On my very last morning in Santiago, I visited my cousin Sara's host family. I was very embarrassed that I didn't visit them earlier... especially since they lived about a half mile away from me. Oh well, at least I scored points with the family! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment